IB English Paper One Reflection

In my IB English class, I completed a practice Paper One. Paper on is an IB required assignment that is meant to test the students analytical, comparative, and contrasting skills. For my practice Paper one, we were given two text types and asked to analyze, compare, and contrast them. The first texts type was a four-frame comic illustrated and written by Cathy Guisewite. The second text type was an excerpt from Shusha Guppy's memoir, The Blindfolded Horse. Both text types discussed sex stereotyping of baby girls.

I began my paper by first reading eacht text and identifying the big five of each text, that is; audeince and purpose, content and theme, tone and mood, linguisitc devices, and structure. I created an outline of these important items to base the structure of my paper off of. I began with an analysis of text one, and then one of text two. I then compaired the two texts and contrasted them. Lastly, I included a breif conclusion.

I felt as though this task went pretty well. I did not feel extremely preassured for the time constriant however I forgot to include an introduction. In the future, I will include the authors of each text. This was something that I failed to notice until the very end of the time given. I will also use a more thurough and clear lenguage to best convey my analsis of compairng and contrasting.

Over all, I felt as though it went well. Unlike most timed writing assignments was able to complete my full response. I have learned from peer editing what I need to change in the future to get the best grade possible for the written task one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness

Bias in News Articles